Wednesday, May 26, 2004
A) Education: Honours and Master's degrees in English literature and language from Mysore university (India); Ph.D. in British Drama from Miami University (Oxford, Ohio); LL.B. (Shivaji Univ.); and Dip. T. E. (CIE & F.L, Hyderabad).
B) Teaching: Graduate & Post-graduate courses in English literature and language in different universities including Miami University, Mangalore University, and Riyadh (Saudi Arabia).
C) Research Guidance: Ph. D. --6; M.Phil. --9.
D) Symposia and Seminars: Papers presented in international conferences, held in Tokyo, San Francisco, Turku (Finland), Calw (Germany), and Delhi.
E) Publications: English (5), Kannada (16).
a)English: Self-Conscioius Structure: A Study of the Rehearsal Play; Three Hundred Years of British and American Poetry (ed.); K. Shivarama Karanth; Triveni; Critical Spectrum (ed.)
b) Kannada: Critical Theory: 1) Sahitya Vimarshe 2) Vasaahatottara chintane 3) Odugaru mattu Oduvike 4) Taulanika Sahitya ; Collections of Critical Essays: 1) Shilpa Vinyasa, 2) Swarupa, 3) Aashaya-Aakriti, 4) Parampare-Pratirodha, 5) Bayalu-rupa, 6) Rakti-Rupane, 7) Pramana-Pareprekshya, 8) Taulanika Sahitya 9) Hosa Madiya Mele Chaduranga. On Individual writers: Edward Said, Triveni, Girish Karnad's Historical Plays.
c) Translations: from Kannada to English:
1) Reminiscences of a Hunter (: 'Beteya Nenapugalu,' by Jattappa Rai)
2) The Edge of Time ('Tembare,' a novel by Veerappa Moily)
3) Male Madeshwara (Kannada Folk Epic, with introduction and notes)
4) Strings And Cymbals (Tr. of selections from ten Kannada folk epics with intro., With Padma Sharma). 5) Shree Ramayana MahanveshanaM (Tr. of the long Kannada epic by Veerappa moily; Chief Editor and one of the five translators.)
F) Awards and Recognition: i) Karnataka Rajyotsava Prashasti, 2007; 2) Karnataka Sahitya Akademi Award for Lifetime Achievement, 2000, 3) Kushi Janapada Award
4) Katha Award, 5) Gaurish Kaykini Prashasti, 6) Vardhamana Award.
G) Membership: 1) Member, Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi (2003-2008); 2) Member of Phi Kappa Phi Phi, 3) Member, Karnataka Sahitya Akademi.
The posts that follow will be a collection of articles written (and to be written) by me on Indian Folk- epics and Kannada Literature. . Please feel free to post your comments and/or send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.